While shopping for your baby’s outfit, what features make you take it to the billing counter? Apart from the design, color, and other things, isn’t the fabric at the top of the checklist?
Sure it is. Consciously deciding on the fabric is crucial. After all, something that comes in direct contact with your baby's delicate skin should undergo strict scrutiny. But then, what should you look for in fabric?
The answer is simple. The fabric should be soft, durable, hypoallergenic, and absorbent. Also, it should provide the utmost comfort to your lovely little one. Now, the question is, does any such fabric exist with all these properties in it?
Yes, and the name is cotton, Pima Cotton. Known worldwide for its luxurious comfort, Pima cotton is the most preferred choice of fabric for baby clothes. Where it comes from and what makes it the most popular and the best is what we are discussing below. Let’s dive into it.
Pima Cotton: What is it?Pima cotton is a type of cotton fiber that is exceptionally soft and possesses remarkably extra-long fibers. It belongs to the ELS (extra long staple) group of cotton fibers. The fibers of Pima Cotton go beyond 34 millimeters in length. While other cotton fiber lengths go to approximately 30 mm. Extra Long-staple cotton is considered to be the finest quality. it can be spun into finer yarns that can be woven into smoother, stronger, and more durable fabrics.
Pima Cotton: Where is it grown?
The roots of Pima Cotton’s origin can be found in the 1970s. Pima cotton was first cultivated in North America in the Coastal region of California by the Native American tribe, Pima tribe. However, traces of this cotton was also found in South America, especially in Peru. Hence called Peruvian Pima Cotton. Since the fibers were as soft as durable, so gained popularity in no time.
Pima Cotton: Why is it popular?
Pima cotton has various outstanding qualities that set it apart, making it a perfect choice for your baby’s outfits. Let’s take a look at some of them listed below.
- Supreme Softness- the fine and long Peruvian Pima Cotton yarn is spun and results in a soft fabric that is the basic need for baby clothing.
- Luxurious Comfort- the softness of the fabric provides great comfort and feels nice on the skin.
- Durability- this cotton's Extra Long Staple fibers provide better durability to fabric that can be sewn in beautiful designs. Also, ensures that the outfit pill less and frays less.
- Breathability- The fabric is lightweight and offers splendid breathability that helps in keeping your baby feeling comfortable all day long.
- Quick-Drying- The moisture passes freely through cotton fibers, facilitating evaporation and cooling in summer. Quick drying property ensures that you never run out of clean clothes for your active baby, no matter how quickly it gets dirty.
- Great Absorbency- Cotton fibers are generally hydrophilic (water-loving) in nature hence their natural affinity for water takes moisture away from the body, keeping your little one dry and happy.
Color Retention- The fiber is known to hold color pigments quite excellently hence Peruvian Pima Cotton is one of the best fabrics to make cute little clothes in lovely colors for cuddly babies.
Pima Cotton Baby Clothes: Where to buyFinding clothes online today is no rocket science. With its robust popularity among parents, Pima cotton clothes are being offered by many brands. However, we have a suggestion for you that’ll save you from the hassle of searching. The suggestion is Nella Pima. why should you buy from here?
Nella Pima is an online store that dedicatedly makes a baby clothing line from Peruvian Pima cotton. You'll find everything under a single brand name, from trendy designer outfits for your baby to bandanas, bibs, and other essential baby clothes. And the best part is, all of those clothes you’ll find here are made of superior quality Peruvian Pima Cotton. Buy the luxurious comfort for your baby today!